31/12/12 Flight Simulator Group Moves
31/01/12 New Website for Museum
Click on news for older articles
Stuff I'm working on:-
Young and old alike will enjoy a visit to AeroVenture, South Yorkshire's air museum at Doncaster Lakeside - the former site of WWII RAF Doncaster
Located less than 5 minutes drive from Junction 3 on the M18.
A treasure trove of Aviation history is available to all just off the M18 motorway.
Most of our exhibits are under cover, ideal for sunny or rainy days. Features include:-
- Military Aircraft collection from propeller training aircraft to
Mach 2 Jet fighters
- Historic 60 year old RAF buildings including Bellman aircraft hangar and authentic wooden RAF huts
- Piston Engine Collection including Rolls Royce Merlin and Griffon
- Jet Engine Collection including DeHavilland Ghost, Rolls Royce Avon and Conway
- Local Airfields - then and now including RAF Doncaster, Finningley, Lindholme, Worksop and Firbeck
- Selected cockpits always open - put yourself in the pilots
- History of local RAF Squadrons including 616 (South Yorkshire) Squadron which fought in the
Battle of Britain and were the first operational jet squadron and 271 Squadron which took part in D-Day flying Dakotas
- Learn about aviation with our interactive computer displays
- Museum Shop with refreshments, books, videos and model aircraft kits.
- Close to local cinema, fast food outlets and shopping arcade
- Museum Membership - New volunteers are always welcome please click for more details and a membership pack